As we headed to the shore I broke into a sweat despite the freezing wind. As i looked around at my fellow comrades, which were all my age, I began to question my beliefs, maybe it was because i was scared or maybe it was the only time i had ever really thought about it? I had always just believed in it all, i believed that it was my duty to fight for the country i loved so much but blindly i never really asked myself why? As we moved closer to the shore I began to think about it more and more. Why do I? No why are we here? Just because we were drafted we go to fight in a war to help the bloody English? I had never gave it any real consideration before, maybe it was because i knew i was going to make it out of this and these thought were my mind trying to get my body to turn around. That boat has long sailed, unfortunately. There was no way out now and the chilling air mixed with the icy water splashing into the boat was a reminder of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment